5th Avenue BID Financials Explained (Click to view larger)
How your money will be spent or wasted. You make the decision.
- $167,000 + to clean the sidewalk! is 5th ave cleaner? Was it dirtier before the BID? No one keeps track. On 3rd ave, we have the city using “low level law breakers” to clean the streets – We see them all the time cleaning with their brooms and pails. Will the BID pay for any sanitation tickets we can still get if we don’t sweep our store fronts – NO! Can we sue the BID if we are paying for a cleaning service yet receive a fine?
- Advertising/Marketing – $11,000+ Has anyone noticed this expensive advertising for 5th ave? How effective is this marketing? Does anyone keep track?
- Professional Fees – $31,000+ Have you taken a salary lately? a BID is a voracious money sucking entity that REQUIRES expensive operating costs to figure ways to take more of your money – This BID in NY is RAISING fees by $1200 per building.
- Rent Expense $16,000+ Why does a BID need an office with its related expenses of phones, insurance etc..? Should not all the services be done on-line? Has anyone been to a meeting at the office? Do you know the office exists?
- Plants and Flowers – $16,00o + We are at a loss for words on this waste of money – have you seen them on 5th ave? Do they honestly make people want to spend money in the stores?
- Telephone – $3400+ ARE YOU KIDDING! How can you have $3400 in phones? ARE THEY RUNNING A GOVERNMENT? IP phone lines costs less than $30 a month with taxes and fees – they have a lot of SPLAINING TO DO!
OPERATING COSTS SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN
15% OF BUDGET
THE 5th Ave BID SPENDS OVER 23%